Is your business existing or is it a start-up? Business Information
Even if you are a start-up you will know these answers. If there are questions you cannot answer yet please indicate why. Your answers will clarify the nature and culture of your business, and the landscape it is situated in. NOTE: There will be crossover if you are also completing the Website form so just put a note to say already answered to avoid answering twice.
1. Describe your business and why you do what you do. (Include mission/vision statements and core values if you have them) 2. What are your major product/service offerings? 3. What stands in the way of your success? 4. What is the culture of your organisation? Are there beliefs or attitudes that differentiate you from your competitors? 5. Who are your competitors? (Please list your top 3-5) Audiences
Your answers will clarify who your audience is/should be and how they regard you.
1. Who is your audience / target market(s) [demographics, values, attitudes, etc]?
A group: e.g. private equity, entrepreneurs, parents of young children, interested in... tired of... looking for... etc...
2. Are you attempting to gain a new audience? If so, who? 3. What does your current audience like about you? 4. What do you want them to like about you more than others? 5. What do you want them to tell others about you? Preferences 1. Do you have a preference for the type of logo design?
Familiar examples of A : Google, Netflix, MacKinsey & Company, Vogue, PINK, Playstation ...
Examples of B : Apple, Nike, Target, Shell, ...
Examples of C : Amazon, Rolex, Mastercard, NorthFace, Tesla
2. What three adjectives should describe your logo? e.g. conservative, bold, friendly, fun, sophisticated, minimalist, high-tech, modern, youthful, classic, creative, innovative, etc... 3. Color: Is there a color that should be used? Please list any specific values (CMYK/Pantone) and a brief explanation of why. 4. Color: Are there any colors that must be avoided? Why? 5. From within your field, please list two logos you admire and what you like about them.
If there are none, list two you don't like and describe what you don't like about them.
6. From outside your field, please list two logos you admire and what you like about them. Budget
Despite exploring possibilities, you most likely have a budget in mind that is more than a dollar and less than a million... (like buying a car there are some that are simply too expensive and some that are in the right ballpark)
Please indicate if you are interested in any of the following. Each of these are provded at an additional cost.
This is a physical and or digital document which sets guidelines on the use of the logo in order to maintain the integrity of your brand. It serves as a concise guide that can be referred back to when necessary, so that consistency is established in whatever context the logo is used.
Identity Package (print)
This includes business card design, letterhead design, and envelope design using your new logo. Optional extras include document folder, and mailing labels, other envelope sizes, compliment slips, rack cards etc...
Identity Package (web)
This includes email signature, favicon, and social media profile, cover, background graphics using an adapted version of your new logo.
Branded merchandise / gifts / giveaways either for staff or customers? e.g. T-shirts, mugs, pens, mouse mats, hats, bags, etc..
This is an animated version of your logo that is fitting and builds on the design, which could be used in video intros, websites, apps or Powerpoint presentations. Final deliverable is a .gif file.
Please add any questions you have